Re: USB3.0 problem: xhci_hcd not found

Krzysztof Bieniasz wrote:
Hi all!

I'm having an issue with my usb 3.0 port. I've recently bought an Asus
N73JF laptop which has one such port. I'm running a fully updated Squeeze
with the 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel image from the Debian repo. During boot I
see lots of:
"hub 1-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 5" and the port
doesn't work. When I run "lspci -v" I get the following (among others):

04:00.0 USB Controller: Fresco Logic Device 1400 (rev 01) (prog-if 30)
        Subsystem: Device 1d5c:1000
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19 Memory at
        d6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K] Capabilities: [50]
        Power Management version 3 Capabilities: [68] MSI: Enable-
        Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+ Capabilities: [80] Express Endpoint,
        MSI 00 Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd

So obviously xhci is used for it, as it should I guess. Some google search
returned, that it might be an issue with ehci getting in the way so I
experimented a bit with modprobe. I disabled ehci_hcd and when I typed
"modprobe xhci_hcd" I got the following response:

FATAL: Module xhci_hcd not found.

It's the same with ehci enabled so I guess this has nothing to do with it.
I looked into /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ and xhci_hcd is there all right.

Does anyone know what I'm missing? It would be nice to be able to use the
usb 3.0 but I can't seem to find any solution. All advice are welcome

Regards,
KB

Have you installed 'firmware-linux'?  There is 3 packages.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Saline OS 1.0 AMD64 - KDE 4.5.3 - EXT4 at sda7
Registered Linux User #380263