Re: GMail backup on debian

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:

Just for reference I gave up on icedove/thunderbird, it would simply
sit, do nothing and fill up 38% of my 4Gb memory for downloading a
folder of ~4000 messages.
I gave up on firefox/iceweasel a couple of weeks ago for chromium for
the exact same reason.

I need to deal with a very dodgy IMAP server for one of my mail accounts, and I tried Icedove, Evolution and Claws in Debian Squeeze. I expected Claws to do the best, but Icedove seems to handle this terrible server better than the other two by far.