Re: Remove nvidia driver and reinstall nouveau

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Joe Riel <joer@san.rr.com> wrote:
Is there a nice way to remove the nvidia driver and replace
it with the nouveau driver (which was originally installed
with Debian squeeze)?

I tried modifying xorg.conf and
removing /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-kernel-common.conf; that
partially worked, however, glx didn't work because of the
different kernel installed when nvidia was installed.

I did this a number of times in Fedora recently. My method was:

1) remove package for proprietary driver

2) delete xorg.conf

3) reboot

I could be wrong, but the Nouveau driver should still be there.