Re: networking

On 01/14/2011 05:34 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> the eth* device and not the lo device.
>
> To be clear you had:
>
>   auto lo
>   iface lo inet loopback
>   pre-up iptables-restore < /etc/firewall-rules
>
> I was going "ew..." about having it associated in time with the lo
> device coming online.  If you move that down to the eht0 device then I
> wouldn't have made that comment.  I mean something like this from your
> example:
oh, wow, I totally MISSED that, now I see what you mean, thanks!
I added your script anyway  to the ip-up.d/firewall-rules , that looks
more better:)
took it out of interfaces. It actually didn't do what I want anyway, the
file It used was dated, and had not been updated with recent changes!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800