Re: networking

On 01/14/2011 04:31 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> I think you did put that in there.  It has that look.  As to whether
> it /should/ be there... well *I* wouldn't put it there.  :-) I think
> that type of reloading belongs elsewhere such as in an if-up.d/*
> script.  But I don't know about your firewall setup.  I could guess
> something like this in /etc/network/if-up.d/local-firewall using your
> current config as a template.
I just googled it and found this:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ubuntu-63/where-is-iptables-config-file-584024/

There's no default. You can set your iptables config anywhere you want.
Add a "pre-up" line to your //etc/network/interfaces/ file, calling
the/iptables-restore/ command. Say you choose //etc/example.txt/ - in
your //etc/network/interfaces/ file you'd have a line like:
Code:

pre-up iptables-restore < /etc/example.txt

This loads the iptables config before the network interfaces are put
online. BTW, make sure you never edit your config file manually.
Populate it with a /iptables-save/ command, like:
Code:

iptables-save > /etc/example.txt

--
Paul Cartwright