Re: Please ignore this test.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 01:17:50PM +0000, Steve Kleene wrote:
> On 2011-01-12 23:13:13 GMT, Simon Hollenbach
> <ionpowered <at> googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Debian Mailing lists are not there to test if you can post to them, that's
> > highly unwanted, as stated on debian.org .
>
> You have my apologies.  Posts from my organization are being bounced recently
> by debian-user.  I induced my wife to see if she could succeed with a test
> post.  (See today's thread "mail to debian-user bounces".)
>
> > I wonder if you will ever post again... Please do so, if you've got an
> > issue or even better, a solution ...
>
> I certainly will.  I've been posting occasionally for three years, mostly
> with questions but occasionally with solutions.

This rather proves the point that behavior on a list, although maybe
incepted by policy, is finally regulated by tolerance/intolerance.

I recognize that the list has been slow lately. However this test remains a
vote by deed, as small and "strange" as this instance may be.

This is my statement that I didn't sign up for a test list.

I hereby vote that this is an example of what not to do.

The archives seem up to date enough these days to allow testing by comparing
ones inbox if necessary:

Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody