Re: A tool for auto amplifying of wav/flac files.

Sthu Deus:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Jochen:
>
>> '--apply-replaygain-which-is-not-lossless' to change audio information
>> directly. But, as the name suggests, it is generally not recommended to
>> use it.
>
> Then it is not what I wanna do - I want to change the file itself so
> that ANY player might read it the way I want, and of course, it should
> be lossless still.

The parameter name might be a bit misleading. Of course, the flac file
is still lossless in the sense that it contains exactly the same
information as the wav file *if the same gain had been applied to the
wav file*. But it cannot be truly lossless in the sense that the decoded
flac file contains the same information as the original wav file if only
the flac has gain applied and the wav has not.

If you use flac's built-in checkums to compare them to your wav files,
then you shouldn't use this parameter. Otherwise, I think it does
exactly what you want.

J.
--
In public I try to remain calm and to appear perceptive.
[Agree]   [Disagree]