Re: A tool for auto amplifying of wav/flac files.

Dne, 04. 02. 2010 14:57:37 je Adam Hardy napisal(a):

How does normalize-audio know that one cd is the sound of pins dropping but the next cd is elephants charging? I mean, I don't want those cds to be literally the same volume, I want them to keep their relative volume difference, but just to adjust the absolute level to a standard.

Or is that some Holy Grail that you can't do?

Common sense tells me that any software that wants to normalize audio levels, must probably scan the entire sound clip, find the loudest passage within the clip, and set that passage to the reference 0 db loudness. All the other passages in the clip just get set to an accordingly lower level, and that's that. The same goes for entire CDs: you find the loudest signal in the entire CD, and then proceed accordingly.

Or something along that line.

--
Regards,

Klistvud