Re: waiting for root file system

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:55:53 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Or maybe your GRUB has to be properly updated for looking into the
>> right "root (hdx,n)" device?
>>

> Let me do a grub-install, but it finds the root device and boots it, but
> it hangs after initrd with "waiting for root file system"

So, you have changed not only the board but also the disk interface (it
was ide and now is sata)? Does the new kernel has "libata" module loaded?

Maybe now is a good time for you to put your Grub's menu config (either
upload the full file to an external server or attach the file to the
message). Also, include the output of "fdisk -l" that will help us to get
a better understanding of your current system structure :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón