Re: waiting for root file system

Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:55:53 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
(...)

Or maybe your GRUB has to be properly updated for looking into the
right "root (hdx,n)" device?
Let me do a grub-install, but it finds the root device and boots it, but
it hangs after initrd with "waiting for root file system"

So, you have changed not only the board but also the disk interface (it was ide and now is sata)? Does the new kernel has "libata" module loaded?

It was a sata disk in an external enclosure connected with USB, now it is in the same enclosure but conneceted with SATA cable.

Maybe now is a good time for you to put your Grub's menu config (either upload the full file to an external server or attach the file to the message). Also, include the output of "fdisk -l" that will help us to get a better understanding of your current system structure :-)

I can't attach files: TB hangs forever then, will register via yahoo!

After 'waiting for root file system' and the 5 minute wait, initrd drops to a shell and says "/dev/dis/by-label/wd80_0jd-60.06 does not exist" and sure enough it don't and that us the new sata connection. So there is a sata module missing fro initrd.

Hugo