Re: Preventing installation of specific virtual packages

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:25:27 +0800, Jason Heeris wrote:

> On 19 November 2010 14:03, Alan Ianson <agianson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Aptitude installs recommends by default. That can be turned off in
>> "Options -> Preferences -> Dependency handling -> Install recommended
>> packages automatically".
>
> I still want to install *most* recommends, just not quite *all*. So
> turning this option off makes a lot of extra work for me :/

Good question.

How can be blocked the installation of a package that is not installed?

Something like having a "global switch" that prevents any of dpkg, apt-
get, aptitude... to get a package going through and warns the user about
it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón