Re: Search application for desktop in Squeeze?

On 11/13/2010 12:40 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:29:32 +0100, Daniel Andersson wrote:

On 11/12/2010 04:04 PM, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 15:35 +0100, Daniel Andersson wrote:

Does anyone have a tip on a good search application in Squeeze
repository?

Have a look at tracker [1] it might be what you are after. I haven't
checked though if it is in active development.

[1] http://projects.gnome.org/tracker/

Alright!

I did a "aptitude install tracker-gui".

But when I run tracker-stats I get:

(tracker-stats:4313): Tracker-CRITICAL **: Could not connect to the
D-Bus session bus, Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the
remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
was broken.
Could not establish a D-Bus connection to Tracker
Ensure you have started tracker daemon.

ps aux | grep tracker

A bunch of apps where installed:
(...)

That's fine.

Is something missing?
You have to run tracker.

Sorry, I thought I started a new thread Camaleón. I did a reply on a
random mail and made sure to delete everything non-related.
"Reply" is not a "new" thread :-)

Different subjects require different threads (new ones, not just replying
and removing the old content).

Also, html formatted e-mails should be avoided in this list ;-)

Greetings,

Noted :)

A reboot got it started.

Now it's working like a charm.

Can I use Tracker to index mail in Icedove?

/Daniel