Re: Search application for desktop in Squeeze?

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:29:32 +0100, Daniel Andersson wrote:

> On 11/12/2010 04:04 PM, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 15:35 +0100, Daniel Andersson wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have a tip on a good search application in Squeeze
>>> repository?
>>>
>> Have a look at tracker [1] it might be what you are after. I haven't
>> checked though if it is in active development.
>>
>> [1] http://projects.gnome.org/tracker/
>>

> Alright!
>
> I did a "aptitude install tracker-gui".
>
> But when I run tracker-stats I get:
>
> (tracker-stats:4313): Tracker-CRITICAL **: Could not connect to the
> D-Bus session bus, Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the
> remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
> blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
> was broken.
> Could not establish a D-Bus connection to Tracker

Ensure you have started tracker daemon.

ps aux | grep tracker

> A bunch of apps where installed:

(...)

That's fine.

> Is something missing?

You have to run tracker.

> Sorry, I thought I started a new thread Camaleón. I did a reply on a
> random mail and made sure to delete everything non-related.

"Reply" is not a "new" thread :-)

Different subjects require different threads (new ones, not just replying
and removing the old content).

Also, html formatted e-mails should be avoided in this list ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón