Re: HP Laserjet not printing.

Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Johann Spies put forth on 11/8/2010 3:25 AM:
On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 08:36:31AM +0200, Roman Khomasuridze wrote:
Hi,
Well the whole problem was HP "Smart" install which comes with this printer
because of this Laserjet registers itself as storage deivce under Debian.

Only way to fix this is to disable this HP Smart install feature from Windows:
Go to UTIL folder in the CD that came with printer and run SIUtility.
Well I am considering now to return my printer.  I have not opened the
box yet.  I don't  have a Windows installation and if SIUtility would
not run under Wine, I am stumped.

Thanks for your information.

But wait.  I have a Macbook also.  Can you check whether this can be
done from a Mac please?  I don't want to open the box to find out.

Just return the damn thing and get a network printer.  This one is even
cheaper than the HP you bought which doesn't work.  Only $90 at Newegg.
 Has 10/100 and wireless ethernet print server built in:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113545

Drivers for Windows, Mac, and Linux.  As with everything "READ THE
INSTRUCTIONS FIRST" before you stick a CD in a drive. :)  You should be
able to set the thing up simply by pointing your browser at the IP
address of the printer.  Then, install the drivers on the PC(s).

But only 1 review :-(

Hugo