Re: HP Laserjet not printing.

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 08:36:31AM +0200, Roman Khomasuridze wrote:
> Hi,
> Well the whole problem was HP "Smart" install which comes with this printer
> because of this Laserjet registers itself as storage deivce under Debian.
>
> Only way to fix this is to disable this HP Smart install feature from Windows:
> Go to UTIL folder in the CD that came with printer and run SIUtility.

Well I am considering now to return my printer.  I have not opened the
box yet.  I don't  have a Windows installation and if SIUtility would
not run under Wine, I am stumped.

Thanks for your information.

But wait.  I have a Macbook also.  Can you check whether this can be
done from a Mac please?  I don't want to open the box to find out.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never
      die. Believest thou this?"    John 11:26