Re: improve screen resolution

On 03/11/2010 22:03, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 19:01:40 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

Now that remains is a big thank you for a big effort from you to solve
this. It was a learning experience for me.
Thank you to other list members who suggested some tweaks. Regards
Hey, don't give up so easily! :-)

Let's return to the beginning... we have this bug report:

What we have here is a user using a computer like yours (or quite
similar, it's a "Fujitsu Esprimo Mobile v5535"), running Squeeze (like
you) and he can get a higher resolution with VESA driver (1280x800).

So back to work, copy/paste the "xorg.conf" detailed in this message¹,
restart the computer and check if you see any improvement.

Just remember to keep:

***
Driver      "vesa"
***

Instead:

***
Driver      "sis"
***

¹http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=546741#5

Greetings,

How much of that xorg should I copy?

The word 'sis' to be replaced by 'vesa in the whole file'?

Johan