Re: improve screen resolution

On 02/11/2010 22:02, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:40:52 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

On 02/11/2010 21:05, Camaleón wrote:

And where is the link to the pastebin data so we can see it? :-)

Sorry all new to me.
Is this what you arelooking for

Your paste: http://pastebin.com/kfYqmmCd
That it is. Thanks :-)

Ops, it seems your xorg server is using the VESA driver, that looks no
good to me (VESA driver is the most basic video driver available). OTOH,
that matches with the bug report :-(

If you still feel vigorous enough to play again with your "/etc/X11/
xorg.conf" file I can give you another hint: force the load of SiS driver.

Again, you'll have to create the file "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" and put in
there:

***
Section "Device"
  Driver "sis671"
EndSection
***

Done including the stars *** that correct
Your paste: http://pastebin.com/pLM39MWy
Bad happenend again. Tried startx in user and super mode. no dice
Await your report before the next one.
Johan
And restart.

If that does not work, you can also try with this:

***
Section "Device"
  Driver "sis"
EndSection
***

I dunno what would be the appropiate driver for Debian ("sis" or
"sis671"), so try first with one and then with the other O:-)

By doing this, we are trying to force Xorg server to load a more advanced/
suitable VGA driver for your card chipset in the hope the new driver can
allow you to choose another resolution (1024x768).

Don't forget to attach the new logs (pastebin) for each change you make
in your "xorg.conf" file, so we can verify if the new configuration has
been correctly applied.

Greetings,