Re: Communicating with USB Modem

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 15:29:40 -0400
Hal Vaughan <hal@halblog.com> wrote:

Hello Hal,

> I can't remember where (so it could have been the manufacturer's
> site), but there was one place I read that if it's USB, it had to use
> the Hayes command set and would work on anything, but Brad's link to
> TLDP shows that wrong.

To be fair, that link mentions the usual state of things, and I did
qualify it by saying something along the lines of "unless you know this
one does work with Linux".

A quick Google found this;
<http://www.agere.com/docs/PCS_Catalog_052606.pdf>, which states the the
modem does indeed run under Linux.  However, in the (brief) time I
searched, I couldn't find any links to the driver itself.

--
 Regards  _
You're only 29 got a lot to learn