Re: [FOLLOWUP] video card reccomendation

On 10/07/2010 05:11 PM, James Zuelow wrote:
----Original Message----
From: Ron Johnson [mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:47 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: [FOLLOWUP] video card reccomendation

My CPU seems fine at 100% while rendering video for an hour or so
and memtest-86+ is happy with my RAM.  So I don't think it is
hardware.

Temperature?

You mean the GPU?  Hmm. Maybe...  It's dual boot, and I can watch a DVD all the way through with XP.

But there might be a difference in how XP and Squeeze use the GPU, making XP cooler.  XP is using the proprietary Nvidia drivers.

I'll have to come up with some method to stress the GPU without watching a video.  Maybe a couple hundred instances of glxgears or something...

Or try the proprietary drivers? (I've used them for *years* w/o any troubles.)

--
Seek truth from facts.