Re: directly install RH packages using rpm instead of alien

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:16 PM, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> However, I'm wondering if it OK to install RH packages directly using rpm
> instead of going through alien convention.
> Do you have any similar experiences?

Yes, one time my girlfriend put diesel  into our gasoline powered car.
I didn't think this was possible, but she managed to find a way.
Regardless of whether you can or cannot do the same with your car, I
would advise against it. The results were not pretty.

Best,
AM