directly install RH packages using rpm instead of alien

Hi,

We all know that,

,-----
| On Debian and derived systems it is recommended to use "alien" to
| convert RPM packages into .deb format instead of bypassing the Debian
| package management system by installing them directly with rpm.
`-----

However, I'm wondering if it OK to install RH packages directly using rpm
instead of going through alien convention.

The reason that I'm asking is that,

- I'm installing a preparatory sw. It is only available in RH/Suse rpm
packages.
- There is a complicated installation script (think of being more
complicated than VMWare), and rpm installation is just one of its single
line.
- The only dependencies of the sw is actually JRE, so I'm hope I would
avoid the infamous RH dependency hell.

But there is still one dependency there, and I don't know how to satisfy
that.

Do you have any similar experiences?

Thanks

--