Re: new squeeze

 On 17/09/10 04:15, James Zuelow wrote:
> LOL.  If anyone thinks this thread has been extremist or hateful, you need to get out more.  :)

*nod

> That being said, I think some people have lost track of the thread.

What are you trying to say James? :-) <sarcasm> Surely every post has
focused on solving the original posters problem - and not degenerated
into what should and shouldn't be default? </sarcasm>

> Tom H is the one who said, and I'll paraphrase here:
>
> "If you use the debian installer, and it asks you if you want to use the entire disk, and you say yes but you meant no, it is YOUR fault when the d-i erases your disk."
>
> He said that last Friday, September 10.

Well, yes - that was/is understood - and *had been acknowledged*.

> Tom is not the one that wanted the Debian installer to look and act like Ubuntu's.  Tom likes the d-i default just fine.  He specifically said that on Tuesday the 14th.

Actually he said that several times. (is this your journal?)

> Tom merely said he didn't have trouble understanding the Ubuntu installer, which he said on Wednesday the 15th.  Apparently that now counts as whining about Ubuntu on a Debian list.
>
> Come on folks, pay a little bit of attention.
>
> James Z

"Apparently"? :-)   I'll pass on the weasel word flamebait....
Do you understand emoticons? ;-p Did you actually read all the thread
(25+ posts)- or simply fail to take your own advice in your rush to, um,
be helpful.
What should have been two or three posts grew as every mention of fnord
Ubuntu drew in more posts.
For the record (though it shouldn't be relevant) I don't hate/ridicule
or even dislike Ubuntu. Could I have expressed myself better? Uh - yes :-/
nuff said :-D

Cheers all