Re: new squeeze

On Wednesday 15 September 2010 06:03:54 Scott Ferguson wrote:

> Hand-holding installations have been discussed to death - the general
> consensus seems to be if you want hand-holding use one of the "less
> pure" Debians (Ubuntu et al).
> If you want choice use the Debian installer - it may wipe an already
> installed OS, it may refuse to boot if you insist on a XFS boot
> partition, but it won't happen if the install notes are read. Personally
> I'd like to see "expert" as the only install choice.
> If we wanted to do things the Ubuntu way we'd - be on the Ubuntu lists.

Head above parapet time?

I find the hand-holding, suitable-for newbies, so-called-easy Ubuntu installer
utterly incomprehensible.  Last time I tried to use it, I gave up part way
through and used the alternate installer.  The Ubuntu alternate installer is,
of course, the Debian installer.  Now that I understand.

Horses for courses?
<Lisi ducks behind parapet again before the fire bombs start>

Lisi