Re: new squeeze

 On 17/09/10 02:48, Tom H wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Scott Ferguson
> <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
>> </snip for brevity>
>> And you probably don't see pro-Ubuntu posts/whines on a Debian mailing
>> list as trolling either... ;-p
> Not at all. Definitely not whining.

> ;-p

I didn't take you comment on Ubuntu as whining (or fan boi rants).

> As I said above, I only use the
> Lice CD for lazy, temporary installs. Furthermore, I can't stand the
> silly slideshow that runs while the installation is ongoing...
>

>> We use Debian because we like the choices - (we don't treat KDE as a
>> red-headed step-child either).
>> It's nice to have a choice - floppy install, desktop of your choice, ssh
>> install, etc. Nothing is free - choice comes at the cost of more things
>> to learn and more things that can go awry. If Ubuntu (african word for
>> Debian is too hard) is your favourite then use it - if you think Ubuntu
>> does a better job at installing than Debian fine, just remember Debian
>> isn't all about "desktops" - and the cart goes behind the horse. :-)
>> One major difference I've noticed between users of the two distros is -
>> Debian users don't seem to go to Ubuntu forums asking for Debian advice
>> or to complain about Debian.
> I use/support Debian more than I use Ubuntu.

I've had to support Kubuntu recently - but that's really straying off
topic (now there's some unhappy users)

> I use/support Solaris and RHEL far more than I use either Debian or Ubuntu.
>
> Most of Linux experience is ssh'ing to X-less installs and I have
> little experience with Linux on the desktop.
>
> I have no problem admitting to using any of the distros above.
>
> I have no problem expressing an opinion on any of them but I would
> never ask and never have asked for help in one distro on another
> distro's mailing list.

My apologies for the confusion - any insult to your integrity was
unintentional.
If I'd meant "you" I'd have said Tom.
A simple post from someone wanting assistance installing Debian has
turned into the relative merits of Debian derivatives and definitions of
safe defaults - none of which are relevant to the original topic.

> Please direct your extremist/hateful views at someone else.

Which part was extremist/hateful?

Cheers