Re: finding the right .iso for USB install of Squeeze

Scott Ferguson wrote:
  On 13/09/10 08:04, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Javier Barroso wrote:
Did you try to download Squeeze alpha1 iso cd from
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/index.en.html  ? There are
links to the correct ftp site:
yes, but...

1. looks like these have been updated since my inquiry (when I
downloaded things, vmlinuz and initrd in the /hd-media directory were
dated 7/23, today they're dated 9/10 - so they look consistent with
the iso images I downloaded), but...

2. looks like I may have uncovered a but in the USB installer, after
booting itself and starting up, it goes and looks for a .iso image -
BUT it looks on the hard drives, not the USB stick - and, of course,
Did the install actually fail to find the iso?  If you copy the iso to
the hard drive will the installer find it then??
When it was only on the usb stick (/dev/sdc1, mounted as /hd-media) it did not find the iso.

When I copied the iso to both / and /boot on my hard drive:
- on the first pass, the installer didn't find it
- on the deep search pass it reported  "while one or more possible iso images were found, they did not look like valid installer iso images"

This time I was using both the installer and mini.iso from the current build (today).

I've reported all this as a bug.