finding the right .iso for USB install of Squeeze

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to install squeeze (testing) onto a sandbox machine, using a USB key, and I keep running into (what I think) is a mismatch between the boot kernel and the .iso kernel.

As far as I can tell, the latest version of the USB installer is dated 7/23, and the indicated web site does not have a similarly dated CD-ROM .iso. Elsewhere, the recommendation is to use the alpha1 RC image - but putting that on the USB key yields a "can't find kernel modules" error during install.

I've also tried the netinst mini-iso image, found in the same place as the USB installer - but that gives the same error message.

Any suggestions as to where I might find a consistent set of pieces to achieve USB install (or is there a better list to query)?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman