Re: finding the right .iso for USB install of Squeeze

Javier Barroso wrote:
Did you try to download Squeeze alpha1 iso cd from
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/index.en.html  ? There are
links to the correct ftp site:
For i386 for example:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/squeeze_di_alpha1/i386/iso-cd/
yes, but...

1. looks like these have been updated since my inquiry (when I downloaded things, vmlinuz and initrd in the /hd-media directory were dated 7/23, today they're dated 9/10 - so they look consistent with the iso images I downloaded), but...

2. looks like I may have uncovered a but in the USB installer, after booting itself and starting up, it goes and looks for a .iso image - BUT it looks on the hard drives, not the USB stick - and, of course, doesn't find it

Anybody understand the installer well enough to tell me how to tell it to look on the USB stick (which seems to be /dev/sdc1 and mounted as /hd-media).

Thanks,

Miles