Re: finding the right .iso for USB install of Squeeze

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been trying to install squeeze (testing) onto a sandbox machine, using
> a USB key, and I keep running into (what I think) is a mismatch between the
> boot kernel and the .iso kernel.
>
> As far as I can tell, the latest version of the USB installer is dated 7/23,
> and the indicated web site does not have a similarly dated CD-ROM .iso.
>  Elsewhere, the recommendation is to use the alpha1 RC image - but putting
> that on the USB key yields a "can't find kernel modules" error during
> install.

Did you try to download Squeeze alpha1 iso cd from
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/index.en.html ? There are
links to the correct ftp site:
For i386 for example:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/squeeze_di_alpha1/i386/iso-cd/

With both I guess kernel modules will be found

Regards,