Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

Dne, 07. 09. 2010 15:16:26 je B. Alexander napisal(a):
(lame) ATI card at work. I find that firefox (or xulrunner-stub) have memory leaks, and after a couple of days, it eats up a significant amount (10-30%) of memory. The work box has 3GB and the home box has 4GB. It also eats up a
significant amount of CPU.

This morning, after idling all weekend, iceweasel on my work system was
chewing up between 70 and 100% of my cpus, and scrolling pages were
hesitating for several seconds.

So what do others use?
--b

Epiphany is (marginally) better than Iceweasel/Firefox. Internet browsing on GNU/Linux, frankly, just plain sucks -- I mean, it sucks up all my CPU and all my RAM, permanently. It also makes my machine(s) heat up and my fans roar like a fully loaded B-52. Disabling all flash and other flishy-flashy-bang-blink-boom-whiz plugins may help a bit. Or replacing your graphical browser with a text-only browser like w3m/elinks/lynx, if you can afford to. I've never used Opera, Google Chrome, and other browsers though; let's wait for other users to chime in, I'm looking forward to learn something new too ;)

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801