Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 03:47:00PM +0200, Klistvud wrote:
> Epiphany is (marginally) better than Iceweasel/Firefox. Internet
> browsing on GNU/Linux, frankly, just plain sucks -- I mean, it sucks
> up all my CPU and all my RAM, permanently. It also makes my
> machine(s) heat up and my fans roar like a fully loaded B-52.

I've never discovered this problem. I've used Iceweasel, Arora, Epiphany
and now Chromium. I have never had CPU problems. I do have RAM problems,
but I'm a tab-hungry power-user. I usually need to restart my browser at
least once per day.

> Disabling all flash and other flishy-flashy-bang-blink-boom-whiz
> plugins may help a bit. Or replacing your graphical browser with a
> text-only browser like w3m/elinks/lynx, if you can afford to.

Except with text-only browsers, you lose the ability to view images,
video, and other interactive features that the web provides.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o