Re: Debian based NAS? What to buy?

Angus Hedger:
> Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
>>
>> I am still just a little bit unsure about wattage. Do I need 180W with
>> an Atom board (D510 + ION or NM10 chipset) + four hard drives and one
>> optical drive?
>
> Have a look here [1], I know it doesn’t have the D510, but if you do it
> for the atom 330 (which uses more power) you should be fine.
>
> [1]http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Thanks, that is interesting. It looks like I should definitely get the
case with a 180W PSU, not the 120W one. Now I only need to convince
myself that spending more than four hundred Euros (case, mobo, RAM,
optical drive…) for such a system is a reasonable thing to do. :)

J.
--
If I could travel through time I would go back to yesterday and
apologise.