Re: Debian based NAS? What to buy?

Kevin Ross:
>  On 09/01/2010 02:43 PM, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>
>> What mainboar, CPU and case do you use? I am currently searching for a
>> similar solution as well. I am considering to buy a Mini-ITX Atom board,
>> but it's hard to find a decent case with enough space for 3-4 hard
>> disks.
>
> This case might suit you: http://www.logicsupply.com/products/es34069
>
> A little pricey, though.

That looks almost perfect! It needs a slim DVD drive, but I can live
with that. And the price tag is not *that* bad, considering that it
includes a PSU. It's definitely cheaper than a separate enclosure for
the disks.

I am still just a little bit unsure about wattage. Do I need 180W with
an Atom board (D510 + ION or NM10 chipset) + four hard drives and one
optical drive?

J.
--
I want to look younger than my friends so I will fight ageing as long as
I can.