Re: Corrupted FS every 50 checks

T o n g wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Note that if it is set to no on a remote server that you do not have
> > console access to then it is possible to get into a state where the
> > machine will not reboot on its own because it will be waiting for
> > console access to get past the fsck questions.
>
> So remote servers mostly set FSCKFIX to yes?

Most of the time there aren't any problems.  This is something that
only becomes visible when there is a problem that triggers the
interactive fsck.  So actually I think that most of the machines have
the default which is no.  And since problems are rare it isn't a big
deal.  But I guarentee you that the admin will change it after the
second time that it burns them!  :-)

I was burned once by this and so now I always change it.  I find it
hard to believe that it isn't the default.  But it is easily locally
customized.

Bob