Re: OTF conversion without OpenOffice

On 07/03/2010 01:09 PM, brownh wrote:
Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  writes:

On 07/01/2010 08:42 AM, brownh wrote:
Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>   writes:

On 07/01/2010 06:11 AM, brownh wrote:
4. Antiword-for-Office is a perl script, but when I tried to compile,
found I was missing the perl Archive::Zip module. Not knowing what to
do about that and too little time to find out, I did not pursue.

This indicates that you must install libarchive-zip-perl.

Thanks. This seemed to get through that hang in the compile, but now
it hangs because it can't find XML/LibXML.pm. I did a search for
LibXML, and the obvious package, libxml-libxml-common-perl, did not
help (I already had libxml2 installed).
$ apt-file search libXML.pm

Interesting.

$ apt-file search libXML.pm
$

Apt-file search libXML.pm returns:

    libxml-libxml-perl: /usr/lib/perl5/XML/LibXML.pm

Ah, here's the problem: you wrote "lib" but it should be "Lib".

If I understand correctly, if I have perl5 installed (which I do), I
should find /usr/lib/perl5/XML/LibXML.pm on my machine. In fact it is

Well, no.  You'd only find it if libxml-libxml-perl is installed.

not in my /usr/perl5/XML/ directory. I have Simple.pm, SAX.pm,
NamespaceSupport.pm, and corresponding subdirectories there, but not
that file.

A search on line shows that the missing module is a common problem in
a Windows environment. For linux, I gather the error can occur if
there is no path to libxml2. But in my case, I got it finally to work
by installing libxml-libxml-perl.

--
Seek truth from facts.