Re: OTF conversion without OpenOffice

On 07/01/2010 08:42 AM, brownh wrote:
Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  writes:

On 07/01/2010 06:11 AM, brownh wrote:
4. Antiword-for-Office is a perl script, but when I tried to compile,
found I was missing the perl Archive::Zip module. Not knowing what to
do about that and too little time to find out, I did not pursue.

This indicates that you must install libarchive-zip-perl.

Thanks. This seemed to get through that hang in the compile, but now
it hangs because it can't find XML/LibXML.pm. I did a search for
LibXML, and the obvious package, libxml-libxml-common-perl, did not
help (I already had libxml2 installed).
$ apt-file search libXML.pm

Interesting.

$ apt-file search libXML.pm
$

5. Unoconv script is a debian package and seems what I really
want. However, when I ran it, I found that it depends on JRE, although
"$ aptitude show unoconv" indicates that it depends on python. In any
case, I don't happen to have JRE installed in current box, and so did not
pursue.

And you couldn't install it?

No, the reason is that I'm working with temporary hardware and wanted
to avoid doing that, but now I did install the Sun JRE. When I try to
use unoconv on a .docx file I get:

   unoconv: UnoException during conversion: File could not be loaded by
   OpenOffice The provided document cannot be converted to the desired
   format.

This sounds like it relies on OpenOffice, which I don't have
installed.

Right.  It appears that the unoconv package metadata is in error.

I'd file a bug asking for clarification.

--
Seek truth from facts.