Re: Torrents killing my connection

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Håkon Alstadheim <hakon@alstadheim.priv.no> wrote:
Den 19. juni 2010 09:38, skrev Mark:
On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi> wrote:
> Equipment: WRT54G, Acer Aspire One

I think your torrent client is killing the router. (filling nat tables
and eating cpu). You should buy more powerful router..

Um, no.  I have the identical router and have never had problems with torrents.

The router config can make a difference. Switch off firewall etc in the router, especially statefull rules. Turn off NAT. That will save a LOT of memory in the router.

This doesn't make ANY sense because the OP stated he downloads torrents fine in Windows and Ubuntu 9.04 on the same machine.  Why tell him to waste time on something that isn't the problem?