Re: Torrents killing my connection

On 6/19/2010 1:02 AM, ABS Doug wrote:

[snip rant]

Torrents are trouble. Avoid them, if practical. Your ISP may be throttling them, although I can't see what difference the version of Ubuntu would make.

However, if a Windows client works, then ask yourself if you need Linux for other things, or whether Windows will suit your needs. (I have two machines at home, one with Win, one with Debian Squeeze (testing). The Win machine is set up for those rare times when Debian isn't right for the job.)

I think you may not be sure about what we mean by stable/unstable. The Stable distribution is suitable for most needs, but may not be the most up-to-date. Unstable is the place where new programs, or new versions of programs, enter the Debian world. In between is Testing, where things reside after they've had some use and are appearing to be "stable" (by your meaning). The Testing distribution is destined to become the new Stable in the fullness of time. Squeeze is the code name for the current Testing. Sid is the perpetual code name for Unstable.