Re: World Cup, Adobe and upgrading from Etch to Lenny

On Sat, 2010-12-06 at 16:44 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> 1/ Download Flash Player from Adobe site
> http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash
>
> 2/ Unpack the "tar.gz" file and put the "libflashplayer.so" into your
> "~/
> mozilla/plugins/" folder (if not present, just create it).
>
> 3/ Launch Icewasel and test.
>
> Note: This should work on Iceweasel 3.0.x releases, I have not tested
> with the older ones (2.x).
>
> Note 2: Remember that you can also download the latest version of
> Firefox
> from Mozilla site (usually no installation needed, just "click&run").

Thanks. If anyone else is having this problem....

I installed Lenny on another box with IceWeasel3 and FlashPlayer10.
This now works.

Etch and IceWeasel2 and FlashPlayer10 only partially works. It
will play canned downloads but not the live streams. IceWeasel2
is too old to work with FlashPlayer10 as Etch can't meet its
dependencies. The live streams require the later versions found
in Lenny.

	b.