Re: World Cup, Adobe and upgrading from Etch to Lenny

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 04:53:09 -0700, Bill wrote:

> I'm trying to steam World Cup games, which I've been doing fine until
> now. But CBC our national broadcaster has switched streaming systems and
> now requires that I upgrade to Flash Player 10.1 on Etch. I don't think
> it's possible. Leave it to a non-free package to screw up my system.

(...)

Are you running a 32 bits system?

If yes, you could first try the "easy" path:

1/ Download Flash Player from Adobe site
http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash

2/ Unpack the "tar.gz" file and put the "libflashplayer.so" into your "~/
mozilla/plugins/" folder (if not present, just create it).

3/ Launch Icewasel and test.

Note: This should work on Iceweasel 3.0.x releases, I have not tested
with the older ones (2.x).

Note 2: Remember that you can also download the latest version of Firefox
from Mozilla site (usually no installation needed, just "click&run").

Greetings,

--
Camaleón