Re: Mutt and GPG - claims ALL signatures can't be verified

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 00:09:30 +0300, Alexander Batischev wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 06:59:23PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> Then maybe is that you have to "explicitely" import the key and trust
>> that key. Did you already do that? :-?
>
> Well, okay, I set trust for my key to 5 (absolute) and for Boyd's to 4.
> Now when I open my message, I see the following:
>
> [-- PGP output follows (current time: Fri Jun 11 23:59:09 2010) --]
> gpg: Signature made Fri Jun 11 21:37:57 2010 EEST using DSA key ID
> 69093C81
> gpg: Good signature from "Alexander Batischev <eual.jp@gmail.com>"
> [-- End of PGP output --]

That message looks right.

> Better than before, but mutt still claims "signature can NOT be
> verified"…

Still? From where are you getting that "not verified" message? From
Mutt's pager?

Also, the message should be automatically marked with "S" (uppercase "s")
when the signature has been successfully verified. Are you seeing that
"S" in your message?

>> Also, test it with another e-mail client (thunderbird, kmail,
>> evolution...) so you can compare the results.
>
> One thing why I don't like GUI apps as much as CLI: something might work
> or might not, and in both cases you hardly find out why. Are there
> another mail client as flexible in setup as mutt, so if I see GPG
> working in there I could look how it is configured?

Well, what we are testing here (by using another e-mail client) is GPG
and your keyring configuration, so you better try with a GUI e-mail
client that uses the system-wide GPG and keyring setup (if you are in
GNOME, try Evolution; if using KDE try with KMail).

Thunderbird has its own plugin to manage PGP keys (via Enigmail), I guess.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón