Re: Opinions about my partition

On 6/11/2010 3:18 PM, Germana Oliveira wrote:
2010/6/12 Mark Allums<mark@allums.com>:
On 6/11/2010 6:48 AM, Jochen Schulz wrote:

You can easily move to another disk/partition (LVM volume) from an existing
(functioning) LVM volume with just a couple of commands and a little wait
time.  By far the easiest way to do this.  Of course, a dead disk is a horse
of another color; LVM, like RAID, is NOT a backup.

So.... LVM could be better thinking that i could migrate latter to
another (bigger) disk (s) ¿?

Yes. More or less. I was slightly misleading, however. It isn't important now (though you *do* want to plan ahead), but I should clarify, that migrating, e.g. to a new disk, usually means adding a new disk to an existing LVM volume/group, not creating a separate, new volume/group.

I hope I don't confuse you, perhaps I should stop talking now.  But see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(Linux)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_volume_management

and you might look at what this guy has to say:

http://sunoano.name/ws/lvm.html

Good Luck!