Re: Mutt and GPG - claims ALL signatures can't be verified

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 09:39:58PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

<skipped>

> > Better than before, but mutt still claims "signature can NOT be
> > verified"…
>
> Still? From where are you getting that "not verified" message? From
> Mutt's pager?

Yes, mutt's pager. Message appears at the very bottom of the screen.

> Also, the message should be automatically marked with "S" (uppercase "s")
> when the signature has been successfully verified. Are you seeing that
> "S" in your message?

No, it's "s" for all signed messages.

> >> Also, test it with another e-mail client (thunderbird, kmail,
> >> evolution...) so you can compare the results.
> >
> > One thing why I don't like GUI apps as much as CLI: something might work
> > or might not, and in both cases you hardly find out why. Are there
> > another mail client as flexible in setup as mutt, so if I see GPG
> > working in there I could look how it is configured?
>
> Well, what we are testing here (by using another e-mail client) is GPG
> and your keyring configuration, so you better try with a GUI e-mail
> client that uses the system-wide GPG and keyring setup (if you are in
> GNOME, try Evolution; if using KDE try with KMail).
>
> Thunderbird has its own plugin to manage PGP keys (via Enigmail), I guess.

Okay, I installed Icedove and Enigmail, then sent signed message to myself.
Icedove says that sign is well, mutt still claims that sign can not be verified
(but it shows two lines which I mentioned before, between headers and body).

So problem is in mutt's configuration, right?

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35  4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81