Re: It looks as if OpenOffice is sick. Was: Looking for a .fodt validator

On 06/04/2010 02:08 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
[snip]

I wrote a page with a footer containing a page number.  I had no trouble
saving it as an .odt file, but OpenOffice 3.0 crashed when I tried to
save it as .fodt.  So it looks as if .fodt support in OpenOffice is
totally fried.

Not only that, but after it crashed while saving the .fodt file, it son't
come up again at all.  I don't even get to the "sorry I crashed, would
you like me to recover what you ewre doning?" dialogue.

Presumably there's some hostory file in a dot directory I need to delete
so as to get OpenOffice to work again.

I really hadn't expected something this straigntforward to fail!

Now I need another word processor that *does* handle .fodt.  Or figure
out how to install an obsolete OpenOffice into my squeeze system.  Or
change the code I've written to make a whole lot of files into a
temporary directory and zip them...

Debian's OOo 3.2 seems to "handle" fodt files. (I created one via Save As, closed OOo, then opened the file in a new "session".)

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?