Re: Looking for a .fodt validator

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:49:35 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:23:58 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
>> I found an .odf validator online at http://opendocumentfellowship.com/
>> validator (upload a file and it tells you if it likes it), but it
>> doesn't handle fodt.  It complains it hasn't been compressed and
>> packaged as a .zip file.  Now surely it's *less* work to check .fodt,
>> because you don'thave to do all that pesky unzipping, but ...
>>
>> Anyone know a validator that checks .fodt files?  I'm generating my own
>> .fodt and OpenOffice is crashing on it, so presumably there's something
>> wrong.
>
> You can choose any XML validators out there :-)
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv

To uise that, I'd first have to have the XML schema for .fodt.

What's more, that page seems to be about validating a schema, rather than
checking whether an XML file satisfies the schema.

Maybe I'm wrong.  Am I missing something?

> Also, if you open the file with a web browser (epiphany, iceweasel...)
> it will tell the errors it finds.

iceweasel just reads the XML file and shows it to me in a nice indented
tree format.  It's good to know I have such a tool.  But it finds no
errors.  Persumably, therefore, my XML is OK but I've violated the .fodt
schema, or hit a bug in OpenOffice Writer.

epiphany just says, on startup,

Unable to load page

Problem occurred while loading toe URL file:///home/hendrik

No idea why.  It certainly used to start up before the last upgrade.  Bt
it's probably unrelated to this thread

-- hendrik