Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

Stan Hoeppner wrote:
My gut instinct is that due to the above reasons and possibly others, the next
dist upgrade is going to hose all my production servers whilst trying to
forcibly convert them to Grub2.  Is my instinct correct?

Like any dist upgrade, squeeze will have release notes with upgrade instructions and I'm quite confident everything concerning lilo will be covered. There are probably many upgrade test patterns they'll have to try, that's true, but I would hope the transition goes smoothly for most systems.

-t