Re: Running KDE apps under GNOME

On 30/05/10 12:44, Merciadri Luca wrote:
Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun,30.May.10, 09:28:11, Merciadri Luca wrote:

Xfce has an option to start Gnome and/or KDE services at startup. Maybe
Gnome has something similar?

I do not know. I've just tried to find such an option by Googling, but I
could not find any such option.

Merciadri, I think that the closest you will come to this under GNOME is to do the following:

On the panel options, go to System/ Administration and then Services. This will allow you to identify those services you want available to you at start up. Not quite the same as the Xfce4 option Andrei mentioned, but as close as you are likely to get with GNOME.

HTH ... a bit at least

AG