Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

thib put forth on 5/28/2010 9:44 PM:

>   * If yes, should it still be presented as an "expert" option in d-i?
> Why not, I guess.  If not, should extlinux be extensively tested to be
> provided as an alternative choice in d-i?  I really don't know how much
> work would be needed for this.

I'm far more concerned at this point with distribution upgrades than new
installs.  I've a number of production Lenny servers all using LILO.  What
will happen to the bootloader config on these machines when I perform a dist
upgrade after Squeeze becomes Stable?  These machines all use custom rolled
kernels from kernel.org source (installed the Debian way), if that makes any
difference.  Also, the kernel images are in /boot, not in / with the
traditional symlinks.

My gut instinct is that due to the above reasons and possibly others, the next
dist upgrade is going to hose all my production servers whilst trying to
forcibly convert them to Grub2.  Is my instinct correct?

--
Stan