Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

Roger Leigh put forth on 5/28/2010 11:39 AM:

> For the most part, grub is a vast
> improvement over LILO, and except for the odd corner cases which
> grub doesn't cover,

In what way is it a vast improvement over LILO?  I've never had a problem with
LILO.  It's always "just worked", which is what a bootloader should do.  So
how exactly would grub be a better choice for me?

> grub is a much better choice if you have the
> choice.

What choice?  Apparently the Debian team have decided there will be no
bootloader choice when Squeeze becomes Stable.  Supposedly at that point it's
Grub2 or your system no longer boots.  That's not much of a choice is it?

--
Stan