Re: How do I fsck and XFS file system in "Squeeze"

On 5/22/2010 2:22 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Mark Allums put forth on 5/21/2010 7:37 PM:

64-bit Knoppix is in the TODO list of Klaus Knopper, but for rescue
purposes, 32-bit should be able to do the job.

This is incorrect _if_ the filesystem is large and thus contains 64 bit inode
numbers.  If there is any remote possibility that 64 bit inodes exist on the
XFS filesystem to be checked/repaired, the rescue kernel and xfsprogs need to
be 64 bit binaries.

That's a very odd thing. Thanks for correcting me. I would not have guessed that file system structure would be dependent on OS word width. I mean, that seems like a catastrophic implementation/design bug.

MAA