Re: No CORE DUMP.

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 23:07, Aioanei Rares <debian.dev.list@gmail.com> wrote:
On 05/22/2010 08:10 PM, Avinash H.M. wrote:
Hi All,

I am using DSL [ damn small linux ] which is branched from debain.
I am trying to use GCC, GDB.  Able to install both of them.

I am doing following
     - run a helloworld.c program whic has a while loop.  So while
running, its stuck in while.
     - another shell, "kill -11 PID" [ PID of the ./a.out ]
After kill, i get Segmentation fault.  But Core is not dumped. [ I
expect a print ( Core dumped ) ]

Anyone faced this ??? Please help.

Thanks
- Avinash

First, compile your program with -g, then take a look at man core. Not every program that has received
a segfault signal dumps core.  Look at gcore to see how to generate it.